Experience: 8 – 13 years
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies. It consists of the businesses of Upstream, Integrated Gas, Downstream, and Projects & Technology.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Maintenance, assurance, technical support, and standardization of Shell s Upstream and Downstream assets technical data.
- Background in Oil and Gas maintenance and operations is an advantage.
- The Projects Portfolio Cost Engineer scope involves supporting the delivery of consistent and appropriate cost management structures/tools/processes for Portfolio of small Capital Projects (site) throughout all the phases.
- Assist with the development of project controls plans for the portfolio of Capital Projects in compliance with Downstream Recommended Practices and in alignment with Planning, Finance and C&P processes.
- Assist the development and implementation of CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure) for Capital Projects portfolio in alignment with IPA cost definitions, the estimated breakdown, and Primavera WBS (as applicable). Set up SAP Blueprint (Upgrader) and GSAP (Refinery/Chemicals) with project CBS and budget information accordingly.
- GSAP AFE set up (including funds release), BP and GSAP Networks (CBS) set up, Asset Creation in GSAP, Networks close-out, PO status report generation (from GSAP and Blueprint (BP) and TRACK), BP/GSAP Cost reports generation (Monthly exercise), Time-writing by exception (Shell staff) Monthly exercise, Productivity Reporting (weekly), Ecosys project set-up
- Support implementation of Cost Control Processes: Embed and maintain in Shell and Contractor processes; Commitment capture, VOWD (Value of Work Done), Cost forecasting/phasing and Earned Value consistent with Shell procedures. Establish Cost Report content and frequency, prepare and conduct budget holder reviews, and publish. Support Contracts and Procurement group by providing detailed cost and performance analysis.
- Monitor the work hour consumption and associated cost of the Contractor activities against the contractual targets such that potential deviations are identified, and the appropriate corrective actions are taken. Conduct field walks or reviews as needed to validate physical progress and productivity.
- Deliver accurate/high-quality monthly LE Forecasts for Capital Projects
- Assist in the maintenance of Change/Trend and Contingency Management: ensure that appropriate changes/trends are reflected in the regular cost forecast updates. Prepare forecasts and review with budget holders. Establish linkage between Change/Trend Management and Contingency Management, perform the Contingency drawdown and ensure accurate current status is reflected in reports.
- Assist Cost Reporting: generation of accurate monthly cost reports, including variances from the plan on commitment, the value of work done, management of changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities for Expenditure (AFEs)
- Participate in and comply with all safety programs.
- Assist with the continuous improvement and implementation of standardized work processes for effective cost control.
- Work in CMMS (SAP) and other Shell Project Tools for Maintenance, assurance, technical support and standardization of technical data and documents of the manufacturing sites, chemical plants, supply chain and distribution locations. With support roles on site engagement & technical & tools forums.
- Analyze data and business processes which includes data cleansing, data mining and profiling, benchmarking, reporting projects for site-related equipment and maintenance related activities
- The role is expected to support the delivery of consistent and appropriate cost management structures/tools/processes for Portfolio of small Capital Projects (site) throughout all the phases.
- Shift work following operating hours of the Downstream operation units across the globe. (US time zone)
- Virtual working with key stakeholders for day to day operations
- Effective initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer, with good verbal and written skills in English.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organisational levels across the globe, across diverse time zones.
- The role primarily involves the remote support to the downstream operating units/sites in the drawing management & updates.
Skills & Requirements
- Engineering/Technologist Degree and/or Certification as a Cost Engineer or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of Refinery or petrochemical industry experience in cost engineering /cost controls.
- Experience in Cost Engineering / Cost Controls positions for portfolio capital projects
- Works effectively in a team environment and build consensus
- Working knowledge of a broad range of Project Controls systems, tools, and practices specifically in Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong leadership, communication, report-writing, and presentation skills.
- Customer focus
- Strong knowledge of the EVM process.
- Skill in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SAP/ GSAP, Excel
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Preferred experience in following tools: PowerBI
- Preferred experience in refinery or petrochemicals plant turnarounds.
Project Manager – Manufacturing
Project & Program Management
Full Time, Permanent
Construction / Manufacturing